Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My reading.

I have lagged behind in writing the blog.
I am basically lethargic, though i think of writing so much, in my mind. but, to come to the system and sit and write is a big task for me. Any way today i said, i must. Otherwise it will take so long. i might forget that what i wanted to put in this blog. Its great to know about Blogs, who ever set up this software, thanks to them..
Now coming to my topics.Ya! Off late i am doing quite a bit of reading to pass my time in the US. I was a regular reader otherwise also. but I used to read a sort of philosophical books or the biographies of the gurus. Before that i was reading lot of fiction like James Hardly Chase. If i go further backwards in my life i use to read a lot my language books, both the novels and fiction in telugu.So this is the history of my reading habit.
Here i am reading more of Iranian stories and other types of books coz of daughter's suggestion.I am bad at picking books on my own but if somebody says that if a particular book is good , then i will read it.
Now i will name the books i read

1.The September Of Shiraz .....byDalia Sofer.
2. Roof Tops Of Tehran.........by Mahbod Serji.
These 2 boks r very good to read written with lot of grit and enthusiasm.
By reading these i could get a sort of understand a lot of the Iranian life style as well their country.
3.Finding Nouf.....by Zoe Ferraris. This book is about Arabian culture which gives the picture of a woman's life in Saudi Arabia
4. The Book Thief.......by.Markus Zusak.
This is about the second world war and how the Jews were treated at that time of Nazi ruling.
If i can go on with the details and about my feelings for these books, it might become by itself a small novel! i think i better stop here.
Meet u again next time with my marathon watching of different langwage movies.
Have a nice time.

No comments:

Post a Comment