Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dubai Days

30th April 2009 to 2nd May

I was meeting my old friend whom i first met in 1967 in Gorakhpur UP, India.

She is like my elder sister, from whom i have learnt few cooking recipes as i was a new bride that time. I have a great respect for her.By chance she is in Dubai, staying with her daughter. She invited me for lunch, so i spent that afternoon with her talking about old times.
It was very nostolgic. By evening my another friend's daughter Suja came to pick me from the Al Sheb locality.

Evening with Suja's family, we all went to the Dubai Mall which they say is biggest in the world and of course it is no doubt BIG & we could not see it fully but we saw the Aquarium in the Mall!! It was very beautiful. Along with Suja's children i too enjoyed very much watched the different types of fish. I like fishes. We had good food in a restaurant and went home late at night.
It was a pleasant day to remember later.

Next day we left early to another Emirate called Al AIN which is abut 250 km. from there. We went by car, Suja's husband Lionel drove, on the way we went to an ice skating ring. There the children Natasha and Nikhil enjoyed themselves very much. Then we went to another mall,
for some food since every one was very hungry.But it is my friday fasting day so i did not eat. Then i went to explore the Mall by myself as Suja is like my daughter and encouraged me to be on my own while they are having their food, she also gave me some Dirhams to spend. I cannot explain how i felt for that gesture she showed me. Of course i did a little bargaining and shopping and forgot to pick up her cell phone, she was calling me after a few hours , very worried !!.

Then we all went further on our journey. we went to the Hot Springs where the water has got minerals and chemicals. We put our legs in it and sat for some time. My foot which had a sprain in Hyderabad healed a bit .On our return jurney we went to the Zoo,which is in a natural environment. Along with children we elders also enjoyed . Finally we reached home at 10.30 that night.

Next day I went to the famous Gold Souk with Suja and her neighbour friend Aseem who offered to drive us there. It is very famous in Dubai. One will feel that the whole world's Gold is accumulated here ! So many designs it is mind blowing.

In this way my stay in Dubai, with Suja and her family, left me with heartfelt affection.

...next day i took my flight to the great USA and to my dear daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment